Pain In Hip | A stress fracture may be causing the antagonizing pain in hip you’re enduring. Typically, it is a result of a grim injury that impacts the ball-and-socket area of the hip. These fractures can occur with any age group. Overuse of the bone during intense or prolonged activities is the leading cause of a stress fracture.
Rehabilitation for Stress Fractures
The idea of suffering from daily hip pain is almost as bad as the pain itself. Rest and relaxation are suggested, as they offer relief to the area. The symptoms or pain are usually triggered during or soon after the activity is resumed. Most medical providers recommend physio rehab to help with the healing process.
Consider the following:
- Structured rehabilitation led by physical rehab technicians ensures that you are incorporating the proper techniques for rehabilitation.
- Physical rehab allows you to concentrate on the fractured area and expedite the healing process.
- You will learn the extent of range that is safe for the injured area.
You should know how to properly care for yourself after medical and rehab treatment. Rest the area as much as possible. Follow medical instructions and avoid putting heavy weight on the hip area. Too much activity or weight could lead to increased pain in hip.
Here are a few helpful tips to make yourself comfortable at home.
- Place a cloth on the hip area
- Add a cold-pack to the area for up to 20 minutes
- Take medications as prescribed by your medical provider
- Do home exercises as recommended by your physical rehab technicians
Intense pain in hip due to a stress fracture is a serious condition that should not be ignored. It is imperative that you seek help from a board-certified provider to ensure proper diagnosis and planning for treatment.
At Atlantic Coast Physical Medicine, we take an integrative approach to treat a wide range of issues, including hip pain. We specialize in developing personalized treatment plans and delivering lasting relief by treating the root cause of your issues and chronic pain.
Our team of board-certified nurse practitioners, physical rehabilitation technicians, aestheticians, and chiropractors offer patients comprehensive types of treatment with two convenient locations in Mount Pleasant and Summerville, South Carolina. Schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how we can help you get rid of joint pain and resume an active life.