Drink More Water!

Drink More Water | How many times have you heard the advice, “drink more water,” in recent years? Probably more times than you care to recall, right!? Well, here we are. About to tell you again. But this time, we are going to tell you why you should be drinking more water for all the odd and obscure reasons that you probably haven’t heard very often. You thought it was going to be the same old song and dance, didn’t you? Read on to find out how drinking more water can help you in so many random ways. Really, go on.

  • Don’t drain your brain. Your brain is made up of mostly water. Prevent brain fog! Give your brain a drink.
  • Always cold? Or hot? Drink more. Water helps with temperature regulation.
  • It makes it easy to go poop. Water hydrates and softens things so it doesn’t hurt. Feeling bloated and constipated. Drink more water.
  • Water is only in your stomach for about 5 minutes, and then it is distributed accordingly. Replenish often.
  • Prevent chapped lips. They moisten from the inside out, so licking them will only make it worse. Drink.
  • You are evaporating. Even right now. Fluid losses occur continuously from evaporation. Keep yourself hydrated!
  • You need water to filter out the bad stuff. Don’t make your kidneys work overtime. They need a work-life balance, too.
  • Peeing is good for you. Get rid of all that bad stuff we were just talking about. Your kidney’s got your back.
  • Hydrated veins are easier to find than dehydrated veins. Avoid a miss and re-stick when having blood drawn.
  • Looking for a healthy glow? Your skin is the last organ to receive water. Make sure there is enough to go around!
  • Trying out a new diet? Drinking more can help you feel full faster and help you consume less calories.
  • Working out or coming in for physical therapy? Water will energize the muscles and stave off muscle fatigue.
  • It’s a mood booster! Dehydration can make you grumpy or confused. It’s almost like being hangry.
  • Ease that joint pain. Keep the joints and cartilage soft and supple. Kind of like your skin.
  • Need a good cry? Drink water first. You need to be hydrated to make tears and prevent dry eye.
  • Headaches are a real pain in the… head. Try drinking water to prevent or treat a nagging headache.
  • Need an immune boost? Get sick less often. Being hydrated is a good immune booster.
  • But, if you do get sick, being well hydrated acts like a natural decongestant. It keeps the mucous looser which means it moves more freely.
  • Firing on all cylinders. Keep your nervous system moving and functioning properly by drinking plenty.
  • Be kind to your heart. Less water equals more stress on your heart.

So how much is enough? An adequate water intake for adult men and women is 3.7 and 2.7 liters per day, respectively. Around 80 percent of total daily water should be obtained from a beverage and the remaining 20 percent from food. We hope that you enjoyed our weird water facts. If any of those things seem off for you, please reach out and make an appointment for a physical.

In a world of increasingly specialized medicine, good primary care can be tough to find. The team at Atlantic Coast Physical Medicine aims to change that by offering comprehensive and collaborative care for most of your health needs. We study and monitor your health from every angle to ensure that everything is working together for optimal health.

We use a different, integrative approach here at Atlantic Coast Physical Medicine. We treat the patient, rather than a list of symptoms. We would be happy to be your primary care provider here in the Lowcountry. Our comprehensive team has your best interests at heart. Check us out in Summerville and Mount Pleasant, SC.