Common Treatments for Chronic Back Pain Used By Chiropractors in Summerville SC
Chiropractors in Summerville SC | When you’re experiencing back pain every day, you may believe that the suffering is just part of your life. Back pain is another symptom of getting older or not taking proper care of yourself when you were younger. While we could all do a little better job of taking care of our bodies, chiropractors in Summerville SCare here to tell you that chronic back pain is not normal, and there are many ways to treat the causes and symptoms of back pain.
In order to treat chronic back pain, the chiropractors in Summerville can pinpoint the cause of your pain and discomfort. A pinched nerve, sciatica, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, or other serious condition could be the cause of your chronic back pain. Your treatment will depend on the cause. However, some common chiropractic solutions being used by chiropractors in Summerville SC include:
- Physical Rehabilitation – Working with physical therapy technicians can decrease pain, increase function, and prevent further occurrences. The rehabilitation team can teach you how to maintain positive results at home and in your daily life.
- Massage therapy – Massage therapy helps increase blood flow and circulation which provides nutrients for the muscles and connective tissues. Massage can also decrease pain and tension while increasing endorphins in the brain that make you feel good.
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises – People who sit for long hours at a desk or drive for a living with their knees and legs bent often struggle with poor posture and lower back pain. Chiropractors in Summerville SC can teach you how to strengthen your lower back to support your upper body, and stretching techniques to relieve muscle tension.
- Joint and Trigger Point Injections – TPIs can be helpful when your muscles are knotted and cannot relax. Very few chiropractors in Summerville SC use 100% nonsteroidal injections. A short-term course of injections can also help provide long-term relief.
- Chiropractic Adjustments – An adjustment is when a trained chiropractor uses their hands or an instrument to apply controlled, sudden force to the spinal joint. Also called spinal manipulation, this treatment is used when your spine is not properly aligned. Chiropractic adjustments can improve physical function and relieve immediate pain.
Once your chiropractors in Summerville SC can find the source of your chronic backpain, they can devise a treatment plan just for you. Living with chronic back pain is an option you don’t need to have.
At Atlantic Coast Physical Medicine, we take an integrative approach to treat a wide range of issues, including back pain. We specialize in developing personalized treatment plans and delivering lasting relief by treating the root cause of your issues and chronic pain.
Our team of board-certified nurse practitioners, physical therapy technicians, aestheticians, and chiropractors offer patients comprehensive types of treatment with two convenient locations in Mount Pleasant and Summerville, South Carolina. Schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how we can help you get rid of joint pain and resume an active life.